How to remove stains on your suit – a cheat sheet
If you said you have never spilled anything on yourself while wearing your favourite outfit, you’d be lying. The best way to get rid of stains and make sure it doesn’t oxidise and change colour over time, is to bring it to a reputable dry cleaner. But before you do, here are a few things you can try first.
- Alcoholic Drinks: dab with a sponge or tissue to remove excess liquid
- Blood: remove excess blood by gently dabbing with a sponge, then dab some undiluted white vinegar, followed by cold water.
- Butter and Grease: scrape off the excess food and oil first, then gently pat dry.
- Chocolate: sponge with cold soapy water.
- Egg: scrape off the excess food and sponge with cold soapy water.
- Grass: gently clean with mild soap and cold water.
- Ink: immerse in cold water.
- Lipstick: try rubbing white bread over the stain with a firm gentle motion.
- Red Wine: dab with soda water.
Please share this article if you have found it useful.